Saturday, April 10, 2010

My weird paparazzi story...

So I live in LA but I essentially never see famous people or the paparazzi or anything like that. Partially because I hang out in my apartment watching tv most of the time, but also because the places I do go, like Glendale, aren't really the hang outs for the famous and paprazzi worthy. So last Monday (you know, the day Duke won the national championship!!!!!) I was getting gas at a station on Los Feliz Blvd on my way to grab a slice of pizza at my regular lunch place. I'm standing there, filling my tank, when I see this guy parked against the wall slowly get out and grab this big, big camera. He begins to approach slowly, like he's trying not to spook me. And I see another guy. Now these guys stop about a yard away from me and beginning taking pictures of the girl at the pumps behind me. Not only them, but there are at least four other people taking pictures of this girl getting gas. Which, if you think about it is a lot of people to take pictures of someone doing something as boring as getting gas. So I ask the photog who it is. "Rachel Bilson." Oh. Okay. I give a glance over there. She kind of short. Big sunglasses. Nothing special. Not someone I would have looked at twice, except maybe to think of how ugly those big sunglasses were. Now, the thing is that I know who Rachel Bilson is. She played Summer on The OC and was in two eps of Chuck where she played a cute girl that Chuck starts to fall for. And she's hot. Beautiful even. So you would think that being maybe eight yards away I would recognize her. Nope. Even when I'd been told who she was I didn't really see it. And I thought how stupid it was that she was being followed by all these guys, being photographed doing something as stupid as pumping gas. Don't get me wrong. I can see taking a picture of a celeb if you're a fan, or if you're the pap and they are doing something interesting...but pumping gas. Having these guy following you all the time? Photographing you even when you are doing something as dumb as getting gas? That must suck.

Postscript. I checked around online to see if I could find pictures of her at the gas station. Sure enough. I think these are them. The dates matched and the outfit looks right, but I would have thought my car would have been behind her on those last two pictures (or maybe they took them after I left). And of course in the pictures I can tell easily that it's her, even if I couldn't see it in real life.














And a few more just 'cause she's pretty.





No comments:

Post a Comment