Friday, January 22, 2010

The Bank Job
(a review)

Let me start by saying heist movies suck. We know almost everything before the movie has started and most promise thrills that end up being disappointments. Yes, Ocean's Eleven was fun, but aside from that I can't think of almost any that I've liked. Until now.






The story, starring Jason Statham, is a fun twist on the heist film. You see this bad guy who has incriminating pictures of several high up British people (parliment, princess, etc). Now the government wants to put this guy in jail, but they can't because he will leak the pictures, so instead they convince a woman to get a team together to rob the bank. The team can keep the money, but they want the pictures. Of course, after the robbery things start to unravel and once the police are after the bank robbers, the government types now have to get to the robbers before the cops. Told in more of a low key style than most of Statham's movies (Transporter, Crank, War), this is easily the best.

I didn't have expectations when I started the film, but I'd definitely recommnd it!

--Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment